What can you do at the first sign of a cold or the flu to keep it from becoming full-blown? Just a quick recipe that I have tried and it works wonders for the immune system. You can use it for treatment of symptoms or as prevention. When people around you are sick such as close family or co-workers that you have no choice of being around, we must have a way to ward off illness.
Photo credit: WSJ
Here is what you will need…..it’s super simple:
- About 20-24 cloves of garlic
- Enough honey to cover the garlic in a jar to yield about a pint (approximately 400 mL by the time the garlic is added)
- Note: Raw honey is preferred instead of refined like you typically buy at the grocery store. You can always make a half batch of this recipe.
- Peel the garlic cloves, crush them or cut them into tiny pieces and put them in a medium-size jar; add enough honey to cover the garlic and then set it aside for at least 36 hours.
- Take one teaspoon every 2-3 hours or as needed to relieve cough and sore throat.
- Use at the first signs of cough/cold and flu symptoms as an immune system booster.
Photo credit: memegenerator.net
Garlic contains Allicin
This part of garlic gives it it’s health benefits but also will cause the bad odor and potent taste. The fresher it is, as with other foods, the more potent it is. Garlic is a natural anti-infectant, helps to decrease blood pressure and works against blood clotting to some degree.
Honey stands on it’s own as a natural remedy
Honey is not only a natural sweetener, it has many vitamins and nutrients. If used in raw form as a sweetener, it won’t spike your blood sugar. It’s anti-oxidant properties are powerful and it guards against free radicals which can be cancer causing. more info honey health benefits
Together, these 2 make a super food that helps us in multiple ways!
Do you have a recipe that’s similar to this? Post it in my comments and let us know how it worked for you!
As always, why not SHARE IT🔗🙌, LIKE👍, REPOST♻, COMMENT💬 especially if you try my healthy tips and they work for you,
and YES, SUBSCRIBE 👏by clicking Follow?
Thanks so much for visiting!