As we age, movement can get tougher with each year. Our flexibility diminishes and once that starts going, it seems that other things follow. We don’t feel like moving at all, not to mention exercise. Of course what we eat is crucial to maintaining not only our overall health, but in slowing down the aging process and helping our body to do what it was meant to do instead of popping a pill, repair itself from the damage that we and our environment inflict on it daily. If we eat the proper things and in the right combinations, and in an ideal world we would eat organically grown food from rich soil, then there would be no need to supplement. Supplementation should come as a last resort if you can not get enough of the nutrition that your body needs.
Take a look at this video to see how you can have a healthier gut and healthier joints with just 4 ingredients.
This recipe includes: organic should be used
- 3 tablespoons of raisins (soak as shown in the video with baking soda and water, rinse with running water, dry off on a paper towel)
- 2 tablespoons of Flax Seeds
- 4 tablespoons of Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons of honey unrefined
- Blend the raisins and seeds in a blender and add the honey last and mix thoroughly together. Use 1 tablespoon twice a day for seven days and after that take a break and note your symptoms before restarting. Store it in a glass jar in your fridge.
Benefits of using this recipe:
- Raisins are a wonderful remedy for reduction of stomach acid, they also contain a significant amount of iron, copper, magnesium and potassium. They also activate the brain and hemoglobin production.
- Pumpkin seeds contain a significant amount of zinc which is good for bones, they also contain vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin K as well as minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and zinc. They are a great antioxidant, rich is fiber, dense in healthy calories and healthy fats. Pumpkin Seeds are also great for the hair, skin, heart protective, helps in depression and anxiety (due to the B vitamins), overall great for the immune system, helps to promote healthy sperm and a healthy pregnancy, helps in diabetes and cancer prevention. They are rich in phosphorus which is involved in collagen production.
- Flax Seeds are known to improve digestive health, lower cholesterol, are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and protein, reduces cholesterol and blood pressure, help to maintain a healthy weight, full of fiber, loaded with copper, manganese, magnesium, zinc, selenium, iron, folate, phosphorus and a host of other B vitamins such as thiamine and vitamin B6. It helps to promote brain development, immune health and iron metabolism.
- Honey, what can I say….so many benefits. Rich in B vitamins as well, it’s also a natural antibiotic, antifungal and antiviral agent. It heals wounds, boosts immunity, rich in vitamin K, C, E and Provitamin A, helps to control blood sugar levels, normalizes blood pressure and heartrate, normalizes stomach acidity and promotes a healthy gut microflora. It also helps to stimulate digestion and with the absorption of nutrients.