hours minutes seconds
Procure Your Food Items Soon!
As promised here are some tasty, healthy, some all vegan and some almost vegan recipes if you need some assistance with getting started in our Tapin2life 30 Day Almost Vegan Challenge. My hope is that this will be an introduction to eating healthier in order to heal ourselves from various disease as an adjuvant or as a primary solution in addition to arriving at and maintaining a healthy weight.
As you become more comfortable cooking, my hope is also that you will begin to come up with different healthy combos of foods and pay close attention to eating in the proper order. These are some recaps of a few tips from the last post of do’s and don’ts on food combos and the proper order of intake:
- Do not drink full cups of water right before eating your meals. It will dilute your digestive enzymes in the stomach and make it harder to digest your food. Drink at least an hour or so before and sip as you eat your meal if you must.
- Fruits should be eaten alone- allow about 40 minutes at least to digest and never after proteins of any kind!
- Combine Proteins (whether from animal or plant based) + Leafy Greens or Veggies like cabbage, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, kale and spinach
- Combine a HEALTHY STARCH (brown rice, quinoa, barley, spelt) + HEALTHY FATS & NON STARCHY VEGGIES
- JUICING is always a great way to break the fast before eating any solid food- a veggie juice is optimal. Invest in a blender if you don’t have one.
Some vegan and almost vegan recipes to get us started:
Breakfast Ideas to break your 10-12 hour fast!
To break the fast start out with fruit or freshly juiced veggie drink or freshly juiced fruits. Eat or drink about 40 minutes before you plan to eat the next meal.
If you want something more sustainable skip the fruit/fruit juice and you can always make a breakfast bowl with plain yogurt and some type of oats.
Remember, eat a reasonable portion and we’re eating within a shorter amount of time incorporating intermittent fasting!
- A light side of mushroom stuffed ravioli pasta with a veggie cashew cheese sauce (recipe posted below) plus steamed broccoli and cauliflower:
- Buy a good brand of stuffed raviolis and cook as directed, add in the cashew cheese sauce: (soak about 200 grams of cashews for a few hours in water, drain, blend with almond or rice milk- whatever alternative you desire, season with: salt, pepper, a dash of soy sauce and a dash of sesame seed oil, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard, a few teaspoons of nutritional yeast, a dash of paprika and alter to taste as you desire with other seasonings), steam your choice of veggies and lightly season with salt and pepper and other seasonings desired and enjoy!
- Egg salad with the works
- (boil a few eggs ahead of time, mix in chopped green veggies: cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, garlic, add humus instead of mayo, about a teaspoon of olive or avacado oil).
- Mushroom, walnut, cauliflower and broccoli vegan patties with a side salad of green leafy veggies.
- Blend all ingredients together with 1-2 eggs and a bit of soy and sesame seed oil but don’t over do it with the liquid oils. You want the patties to hold together. Season as desired as you would your meat/chicken or fish. Bake about 10-15 minutes both sides in a 325 degrees F or 275 degrees C Oven. Take out and lightly fry on both sides in a skillet with olive oil 5 minutes. May be served with a side salad, avacado, a simple side of whole grain pasta or brown rice.
- Veggie Wrap using kale leaves as the wrap loaded with all the works. If you desire, incorporate eggs or tuna and use humus as the dressing.
- Taco Salad
- All the fixins of the traditional taco salad but swap out your meat for the same ingredients in the veggie patty (mushroom, walnuts, cauliflower, broccoli and instead of a patty, saute in a pan of olive oil with your typical meat seasonings, chopped or dried cilantro, cumin and spice it up with a lil hot sauce!
- In place of cheese or sour cream top it off on top with avocado and cumus!
You can actually alternate between lunch and dinner and ideally the lighter the better for dinner. Lunch should be the heaviest meal but most of us have to ease into eating lighter in the evening as the last meal.
- Leafy Green Veggies plus Starchy Veggies like Oven Baked Potatoes and Chick Peas
- Sauted Tofu in Sesame Seed Oil and a bit of Soy Sauce with Mushrooms, Scallions, swiss chard or kale (middle pic) with carrots and other veggies you desire. Can add noodles made from spelt flour. Avoid adding sauces like Teriyaki Sauce but if you must only a small amount (contains lots of salt and sugar).
- Stuffed Bell Peppers or Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with a side of lentils or avacado or even starchy veggie like savory sweet potatoes (oven baked with olive oil, salt, pepper, sesame seed oil, a dash of paprika, nutritional yeast, cumin, and other seasonings as you desire).
- Baked, lightly battered Egg Plant
- Slice in half pieces and season as you would meat
- (dip sliced egg plant in wet batter first- egg, almond milk or whatever sub you want, a bit of P Protein and nutritional yeast and flower if needed to make a pancake consistency wet batter, then dip egg plant in the dry batter- your choice of unseasoned bread crumbs or spelt flour)
- Bake about 25-30 minutes (may need to flip half-way in between) in a preheated 350 F/275 C oven
- Serve with a healthy grain plus a side of avocado drissled in olive oil and a small amount salt +pepper to season
- Battered and lightly breaded baked cauliflower/broccoli or both. Same process as above egg plant recipe and switch out sides for salad or a healthy grain like brown rice, spelt pasta or whole grain pasta, quinoa or barley
- Good ole’ fashioned veggie soup with spelt pasta noodles seasoned to your taste with a side salad is always a great stand by meal. Be creative with your veggies. Can add barley to your soup to bulk it up.
Others posts to come as we get started! Think of this as your starter kit and please comment back with your healthy recipes to help to encourage others to think outside the box and get more into experimenting in the kitchen. Unleash the chef in you!!!
If you’ve found this info helpful, please SHARE IT💗 , LIKE👍🏿 , REPOST♻️ , COMMENT🗬 and YES, SUBSCRIBE ✔️
by clicking ”Follow”…Thanks so much for visiting, and please be a blessing and be blessed everyone!🙏🏿
One thought on “Recipes to Tapin2life 30 Day Almost Vegan Challenge”