I know we’ve heard many times before that stress kills. In these days we are overwhelmed day in and out by so many external things outside of our control and also internal thoughts, fears, doubts, insecurities and more. Our faith can be shaken by the least of things, not to mention tragedy and problems that seem too enormous to bear. Well I hope to give some relaxation tips that work for me as well as natural ways such as herbs and minerals to help decrease stress and help you to relax.
Before we get into herbs and minerals, let’s talk about some simple things that can be done to decrease stress or to relax better. The following is a list of some of my personal favorites that work every time for me:
- Meditation on the Word of The Most High: this one is of the utmost importance. I have a few favorites passages that comfort me, some of them from my youth that I saw my parents and Grandmother recite or read in times of trouble or stress.
Psalm 23 The Most High’s Prayer and Psalm 91 about messengers guarding those that are His in all our ways. This also helps us to let go and to submit to His will. Don’t trouble ourselves with things out of our control once we’ve done all that He has shown us to do.
- Find a special place that you can go in or outside of your home that’s quiet and peaceful, even if it’s just 15-30 minutes and do one of your favorite things…..reading, walking, looking at nature, yoga, exercising, drinking a cup of tea, etc.
- Make a list of the things that are stressing you whether it is a “TO DO” List or things you want to change and attack that list one day at a time. Give a time limit of how much time per day you will focus on those things and put the list away after each time out of sight.
- Have a support group of family and/or friends that you can share things with. Don’t dump on them but from time to time it’s okay to let those closest to you know about your toughest problems. Who knows, they may have a healthy solution. Make sure these are trustworthy people and let their lives be the testimony for this.
- Don’t take on other peoples’ stress!!!!! I can not stress this enough (no pun intended). If you can’t help someone, be there as a true friend to listen but it’s not your problem to solve. If there is something you can do to HELP, by all means, help but don’t make it your issue to solve.