So, you just received some of the worst news of your life. Everything stands still for what it seems like an eternity as the doctor breaks the news to you, “You have breast cancer.” Millions of thoughts race through your mind. If you are not Superwoman and just an ordinary woman like the rest of us, millions of thoughts run through your mind and your life may even flash before your eyes. The end that you see is so dark and feels so lonely. (Men, let us not forget that 1 out of 1,000 men also receive this diagnosis).
Well we all know that this vessel that our souls are housed in is breaking down by the minute and there is more to healing than just the physical. It takes a holistic approach to treat and ultimately cure any disease. An approach to treatment that considers mind, body and spirit!
Before you finish writing the story of your life, why not add some chapters and take it one day at a time, of course, leaning on the Creator of All, our Heavenly Father first and foremost to help you fight this battle? He has put everything we need here to prevent and even heal Dis-Eases.
Where does cancer come from?
Most researchers would agree that there is some type of gene mutation that occurs. A small percentage of cancers occur as a result of an inherited gene mutation from our parents that we are born with. Most gene mutations occur after birth and aren’t inherited. They may be caused by outside forces, such as smoking, radiation, viruses, cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens), obesity, hormones, chronic inflammation and a lack of exercise. During cell growth, these gene mutations occur frequently. The majority of the time, our cells contain a maintenance plan to repair a cell that is performing incorrectly, however, when the mistake is missed, the cell can become cancerous.
What natural things can I do to help my body heal?
Keep in mind that all of the things below are meant to serve as supplemental care to cancer treatment. Some choose to treat only naturally and others may decide to use a combination of holistic plus a more westernized approach.
- ALKALIZE YOUR BODY: Cancer cells thrive off of an acidic environment and just love to break down sugar. After getting in your 5 servings per day of veggies and fruits that you need to eat to maintain a healthy diet, juicing veggies with a small amount of fruit is extremely powerful! Green vegetables like kale and spinach help to alkalize the body fluids the best. Blending instead of juicing and making smoothies is another healthy way to alkalize. Keep the fruits to a minimum and add natural anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory foods such as fresh ginger and spices such as tumeric. Make sure you get organic foods and pass on the pesticides. This is an excellent reference for juicing and great ideas: Juicing and Cancer
- WATER IS SO IMPORTANT: What is your water source? While researchers are still trying to decide if the pH of our water has any influence on stopping or slowing cancer growth, ask them if they would rather drink from the tap or drink water that has been properly filtered and chemical/toxin free. Water makes up a major part of our body weight so we should know that what we replenish with is very important! At a lower pH, cancer cells thrive. Can you drink water with a pH that is too high? Sure. There is a balance to everything. Ideally we would all drink spring water but not many of us have continuous access to a spring. Ionized water is also held in high regard when it comes to aiding in cancer treatment. It’s a great antioxidant and therefore neutralizes free radicals in the body that are known to aid in cancer development. (see article for full explanation Ionized Water Treatment). If you must drink bottled water and do not have a good filtration or purification system in your home, FUJI bottled water is great and is more alkaline. FUJI also has a reverse osmosis purification system that can be installed into your home which is also more ideal. ( FUJI Water System )
- Lack of Sleep and CancerThere was a 2003 study done that showed how well we sleep may determine how well our body will be able to fight cancer. Not too long ago, I also wrote a post about the link between high cortisol levels (the “stress hormone” triggered during times of anxiety) and lack of sleep as well as how lack of sleep can lead to us being more susceptible to other diseases and disorders. Relationship Between Cortisol and StressSome even believe that our mental well being may also be a big part of the recovery process or can contribute to the worsening of cancer. In previous studies, physicians found that problems with sleeping change the balance of 2 or more hormones that influence cancer cells, one of them being cortisol. Cortisol is a big player in regulation of our immune systems and the release of cells called “natural killers” that help our bodies to fight cancer. We have a natural rise in cortisol and it reaches it’s peak at dawn after we have slept and it lowers during the day. Sleep disturbances can disrupt this rhythm, leading to a lower ability of the body to fight breast cancer.
A second major player is the hormone melatonin which is also affected by sleep. It’s produced by the brain during sleep and may have antioxidant properties that help prevent damage to cells that can lead to cancer. Melatonin also lowers estrogen production from the ovaries so if you suffer from lack of sleep, this leads to a deficiency in melatonin. Levels of estrogen most likely will result, thus increasing the risk of breast cancer. Bottom line….we all need to sleep minimum 7 hours per night and sleeping during the night is more in tune with our bodies and our circadian rhythms. See below reference for more reading.
- What things should I stop doing?
There are so many things that we eat that can allow cancer to thrive but more importantly there are things that we use such as personal hygiene items and cosmetics that can literally be killing us. Please refer to my recent post. It is best to go natural when at all possible and eliminate these items, especially in the battle against cancer. The less exposure to toxins and the more awareness to prevent further exposure, the more your body can begin to repair itself. Pretty Kills (known toxins you may be using)
- What role do Mind and Spirit play?
Now that we have spoken so much about the body and how to not only heal, but prevent further damage in various ways, I would be doing a disservice if I didn’t speak about the role of our mental health and spiritual beliefs. Why is it that more and more hospitals are finding that patients that spend time in the hospital garden have less anxiety and a better state of mind? Studies found that gardening not only provides exercise, takes our minds off of our worries, but may also influence how we eat as well. Many researchers also agree that physical activity holds a major role in healing from cancer. Gardening is seen as a hobby versus exercise, so people generally enjoy it more than running on a treadmill or aerobics. If you have ever tried gardening, you also look forward to the daily surprises in the growth that takes place. These things are definite positive influences on stress hormone levels, blood pressure, and our immune systems.
Let us also remember that we can control some things, but ultimately if we are walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh, we believe in something that is much bigger than all of us. I believe in prayer and that whatever we ask, be it our Heavenly Father’s will, it shall be done. So many things in life can come and shake the foundation of our faith, however, we must continue to believe and show our belief through our works. Spiritual well-being is at the core of all and this I believe is a great starting point for many ailments if you are seeking full recovery.
If there has been something useful or that you enjoyed in this post, why not SHARE IT🙌, LIKE👍, COMMENT💬, and yes, SUBSCRIBE 👏by clicking Follow? I Pray all that seek healing find it and thanks so much for reading!😄