Suffer from occasional or routine bleeding of the gums? How about really bad morning breath? Can you stand to improve on your dental health and hygiene or looking for an easy way to detox and help to boost your immune system?
There are so many benefits to oil pulling. It’s one of the best kept secrets in health care. Let’s look at the below video to get a glimpse of just a few of the many benefits.
Tips to using this amazing alternative detox:
- Make sure you choose an organic and cold-pressed oil such as olive oil, coconut oil or sesame seed oil.
- Of course oil can stain clothing and other cloth items so be careful when you are using it that it doesn’t spill.
- Swish a tablespoon around in your mouth first thing in the morning before drinking or eating for about 7-20 minutes. This can be while you are showering or whatever you choose. DO NOT SWALLOW the liquid after swishing! You will be ingesting all of the bacteria and toxins and putting them right back into your system.😝😝😝
- Spit the liquid out in your trash or the toilet so as not to clog up your sink. Very important!
- Rinse with warm water or warm salt water afterwards.
- You can now get on with your other oral hygiene routine and enjoy fresh breath and a much cleaner mouth👩🏿🦱
- It’s recommended to do this daily initially then you can decrease the amount as you begin to see the results that you want. Some decrease to a few times a week after a few months but pay attention to how your body responds.
Other amazing benefits to this alternative detox:
Keep in mind that oil pulling is not going to prevent metabolic diseases directly, however, if you prevent toxins and harmful bacteria from settling in the body, you may start understanding how this detox method may help to prevent a number of disease states. There is a great connection between mouth health and physical health. Let’s take a look at diseases that can be prevented:
- Increases your energy by buying more time for your immune system to do it’s job in other areas because it won’t need to take care of the toxins you’re ridding in the mouth
- Reduces headaches, migraines by getting rid of toxins that cause these
- Clearer skin: the toxins must come out and often comes out through our skin, our biggest organ
- Whiter teeth! Whiter teeth! Whiter teeth! Need I say it again?
- Heart & Cardiovascular Disease: Gum disease/inflammation is a glimpse of what may be going on in the blood vessels, possibly decreasing blood flow thus increasing blood pressure. It also can increase your chances of fatty plaque forming and breaking off thus causing a heart attack or stroke.
- Diabetes: inflammation that begins in the mouth can decrease the body’s ability to regulate blood sugar.
- Oral health and pregnancy: low birth weight has been reviewed
- Oral health & osteoporosis: researchers are studying the theory of inflammation triggered by periodontitis being able to weaken the bone in other parts of the body.
- Lung Disease: Periodontal Disease can make COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) & Pneumonia worse by increasing the amount of bacteria that’s in our lungs.
I really hope you are starting to get the picture that by taking care of our teeth, gums and overall oral health may lead to our overall physical health.